- We will launch a drive towards making Mt Roskill/Puketapapa Auckland’s first pokie-free community.
- Building on the success of smokefree playgrounds we commit to delivering smokefree parks in Puketapapa/Mt Roskill over the next three year term.
- We support a sinking-lid approach to the number of off-license liquor stores in our community and more effective controls to prevent abuse of the rules.
- Work to build relationships with Pacific and Maori wardens to develop a presence in Roskill.
- Tackling graffiti by ensuring that it is removed immediately, and prevented by the installation of high quality anti-graffiti murals. Work with local community on mural design.
- Work to make Roskill a synthetic-cannabis free zone.
- We know that poverty and inequality are the root cause of many issues in our community. We will work to ensure that all of our people receive a fair go through policies such as the Living Wage and provision of good quality affordable and social housing.
Monday, 30 September 2013
RCV Policy on Reducing harms
Our families deserve an environment in which social harms are reduced. We have advocated fearlessly on behalf of our community and will continue to push for a safe and healthy community environment.