Tuesday 31 January 2012

Observations on local government

I'm planning on writing a little about my observations and experiences being involved as an elected member of Auckland Council at another blog I often write for about all sorts of issues (but usually not local body related).  The first of these is now up at The Hand Mirror, and I will be posting links to them, for those interested, at this website, as I write them.

The Officer Ether looks at one of the frustrations with any large scale organisation, but exacerbated in the case of the new Auckland Council; how to get stuff done, and ensure Local Boards have a say, in the new structure.  Please comment there if you wish to, or feel free to contact me directly julie.fairey@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz with feedback or thoughts.

I will also be writing more about specific local issues here, although for more immediate comment and notification of local bits and pieces the best idea is to Like our Facebook Page, which is updated constantly.