Specific local policy on planning issues includes:
Three Kings Issues The implementation of our comprehensive ‘Vision for Three Kings’ policy platform, including:
- Creation of a dedicated 3 Kings planning spokesperson on the Board.
- Removal of the reservoir on Big King to return our maunga to a more natural state. Prior to this, the restoration of an attractive mural on the reservoir such as ‘Grumpy Cat’
- Advocating for the quarry development to include:
- Restoration of Maunga and better open space as priorities
- Affordable housing and social housing
- High quality housing integrated into open space and town centre
- A reduction in the proposed 8 storey height limit.
- Protection and promotion of Three Kings heritage.
Unitary Plan Issues
- Providing appropriate capacity for growth around our town centres and key transport routes, while ensuring quality development and protection of open space and heritage.
- A stronger focus on affordable and social housing for our community.
- Advocating for well-considered intensification in Wesley, and Roskill South, with more distribution along main transport routes.
- Strongly advocating for community input and better notification of developments.
- Dealing with flooding. Advocacy for improved stormwater infrastructure, and better planning rules to prevent inappropriate development.
- Strong protections for our local environment, heritage, and volcanic cones (including viewshafts)
An index of our released policy can be found here, we are continuing to release policy through-out the campaign.